Monday, April 25, 2005

Channel 102

Took a break from TFF tonight, but not from film. Sort of. Instead I went to the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater to see the latest Channel 102 screening. Um, basically, you see 10 short films (although, officially, they consider them episodes of TV shows), and the audience votes on their five favorites. The five shows with the most votes return the following month for another episode, along with five new pilots.

My favorites were newcomers I love the '30s and Follow Up (which wasn't exactly a newcomer, since it was really about a show which had previously been cancelled, and one which never even made it to the screen). I also liked returning shows Roboto Supremo (even though it was clearly trying to get itself cancelled) and Cat News. To round it off, I voted for Gemberling, even though I previously thought it was really stupid. I guess it's growing on me.

No comments: